JOB ADVERT- JUNIOR OPERATIONS OFFICER - 2 POSTS
DSM Corridor Group Ltd is seeking to recruit a Junior Operations Officer to join Operations Department - Dar es salaam Office and Kisarawe. The position will report to Senior Operations Officer.
The Candidate's Duties and responsibilities (include but not limited to):
1. Organize the work for the day and ensure employees understand their duties and tasks. Ensure staff meet their performance expectations, monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback to them.
2. Organizing and managing labor, starting duties on time at 0700Hrs in the morning or at 1900Hrs in the evening or as may be directed by the Terminal Manager from time to time.
3. Inspect the work of the employees continuously during the shift, guide and coach them to ensure defect free service delivery.
4. Ensure operational deadlines are met i.g Discharge, Bagging, Dispatch e.t.c
5. Check that all operational documents are correctly filled and submitted to the Senior Operations Officer for approval. Reporting on challenges and assist in solving them.
6. Report to the Senior Operations Officer during and after the work shift on the issues arising during the operations.
7. Report any outside-the-norm issues to Senior Operations Officer immediately as they arise.
8. Contribute to the development of operational policies, communicate them to relevant staff, and ensure efficient implementation.
9. Assist the terminal Manager and Senior Operations Officers to ensure IMS is implemented actively: SOPs, process flows and related documents are up to date and adhered to by the staff.
10. Any other reasonable duties assigned by a superior.
Requirements for a Junior Operations Officer:
a. Candidate must minimally hold a diploma in Procurement and logistics, Shipping and port Logistics Management, Business administration, or any other related field.
b. Positive attitude, motivated, eager to learn and comfortable asking questions when unsure.
c. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
d. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
e. Attention to detail and organizational skills.
f. Past experience of working in the logistics Industry.
g. Any experience of working with DCG will be an added advantage.
Applicants are invited to submit their CVs/Resumes (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by DSM Corridor Group within Fourteen (14) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short-listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 09th February 2024